Stephanie Okereke at the Thisday Awards in Lagos Nigeria, February 2008
|Born||Stephanie Onyekachi Okereke
October 2, 1982
Imo State, Nigeria
|Occupation||Actress, Director, Model|
Stephanie Onyekachi Okereke1 (born 2 October 1982)23 is a Nigerian actress, film director and model. She has received several awards and nominations for her work as an actress, including the 2003 Reel Award for Best Actress, the 2006 Afro Hollywood Award for Best Actress, and three nominations for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2005, 2009 and 2010.4567 She was also the runner up for the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria beauty pageant of 2002.8
Stephanie Okereke was born in Imo State, Nigeria. She is the sixth child of eight children. She completed her primary & secondary education in Delta State.She studied at the University of Calabar, where she graduated with a degree in English and Literary Studies.9
Already during her teenage years in 1997 she starred in two Nollywood movies, Compromise 2 and Waterloo.10 During the 2002 Most beautiful girl in Nigeria beauty pageant Okereke reached 2nd place.8 A year later in 2003, Okereke received two awards at the 2003 Reel Awards for 'Best Actress - English' and 'Best Actress of the year 2003'. After graduating from the New York Film Academy in 2007, Okereke released the movie Through the Glass1112 in which she served as director, scriptwriter, producer and actress.813 The film received an Africa Movie Academy Award nomination for Best Screenplay in 2009.7 Okereke has starred in over 90 movies.14
Okereke was married (2004-2007) to a former Super Eagles football player Chikelue Iloenyosi, a marriage which a high court in Lagos in 2012 has declared null and void, because at the time they got married, Chikelue was already legally married to another woman in the US.15
In April 2005, on her way to the African Movie Academy Awards held in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria, Okereke was involved in a serious car accident that left her with burns all over and a broken leg.16 She recovered speedily from the accident and went back to acting.817
- 2002: Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Runner up (2nd place)
- 2003: What a Year Award for Best Actress
- 2003: Reel Award for Best Actress - English & Best Actress of the year
- 2004: Afro-Dublin Award, for Outstanding Actress
- 2004: Film Makers of Nigeria, Award For Excellence
- 2005: Africa Movie Academy Award, Best Actress in a Leading Role - nomination
- 2006: Afro Hollywood Award for Best Actress
- 2009: Africa Movie Academy Award, Best Actress in a Leading Role - nomination678
- 2010: Africa Movie Academy Award, Best Actress in a Leading Role - nomination45
|2002||Pretender||with Patience Ozokwor and Tony Umez|
|Blind Justice||with Tony Umez|
|Emotional Crack||with Ramsey Nouah, Dakore Egbuson and Patience Ozokwor|
|Genesis of Love|
|Private Sin||with Genevieve Nnaji, Richard Mofe-Damijo and Patience Ozokwor|
|The Cross of Love||with Patience Ozokwor|
|Together as One|
|2004||Beautiful Faces||with Ini Edo|
|Critical Decision||with Genevieve Nnaji, Richard Mofe-Damijo & Mike Ezuruonye|
|Deep Loss||with Desmond Elliot|
|Diamond Lady: The Business Woman|
|Eye of the Gods||with Ini Edo|
|In the Name of Love||with Desmond Elliot|
|Last Girl Standing|
|Magic Moment||Stephine Okereke||with Desmond Elliot|
|Mama-G in America||with Patience Ozokwor|
|More Than a Woman|
|My Mother My Marriage|
|Official Romance||with Zack Orji|
|Promise & Fail||with Desmond Elliot|
|Promise Me Forever||with Genevieve Nnaji|
|Right Man for Me||with Tony Umez|
|Strength of a Woman|
|To Love Again|
|Virgins Night Out|
|Working Class Lady||with Rita Dominic|
|2005||A Time to Die|
|Days of Bondage||Lucia|
|Guys on the Line||with Rita Dominic|
|Lonely Hearts||with Ini Edo|
|Ola... the Morning Sun||with Pete Edochie|
|Omalinze||Adaugo||with Onyeka Onwenu|
|Price of Ignorance||with Pete Edochie|
|Princess of Wealth|
|Woman on Top|
|2006||Behind the Plot||with Desmond Elliot|
|Daytime Lovers||Binta||with Tony Umez|
|Efficacy||with Desmond Elliot|
|Sitanda||directed by Izu Ojukwu, this film received 9 nominations and won 5 awards at the
3rd African Movie Academy Awards in 2007, including Best Picture & Best Nigerian Film.21
|The Law Students|
|Upside Down||with Patience Ozokwor and Tony Umez|
|2007||A Time to Love||Hope||with Desmond Elliot|
|Governor's Wife||with Ramsey Nouah|
|2008||Mission to Nowhere|
|Hidden Treasure||Nadine||with Ramsey Nouah, Nadia Buari & Olu Jacobs|
|Through the Glass||Ada||with Garrett McKechnie, Christy Williams, Pascal Atuma|
|2009||Nnenda||this film, directed Izu Ojukwu, received 3 nominations at the African Movie Academy Awards in 2010, including the nomination for Heart of Africa22|
|Reloaded||Weyinmi||with Ramsey Nouah, Desmond Elliot, Rita Dominic & Nse Ikpe Etim|
|TBA||Dry||Dr Zara||with Liz Benson|
- "Stephanie Okereke's full name". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- Onikoyi, Ayo (2 October 2012). "Stephanie Okereke clocks 30 and it’s going to be…". Vanguard (Lagos, Nigeria). Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "My Wedding Plans In Top Gear, Says Stephanie Okereke". P.M. News (Lagos, Nigeria). 1 February 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "And the 2010 AMAA nominees are". Jemati.com. Retrieved 14 April 2010.
- "The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) 2010 Nominations". www.thefuturenigeria.com. Retrieved 14 April 2010.
- "Stephanie Okereke: Awards & Nominations". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "AMAA 2009: List of Nominees and Winners". Africa Movie Academy Awards. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "Official bio". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Okereke at NigeriaMovies.com". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Stephanie Okereke: Nigerian screen queen". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Through the Glass: Review". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Through the Glass: Official Site". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "New York Film Academy Film School: Film School Student Stephanie Okereke in The News". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Filmography". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Stephanie Okereke Marries Again in France". Thisday (Lagos, Nigeria). 22 April 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Interview with Stephanie Okereke". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Stephanie Okereke: My Close Shave With Death". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Stephanie Okereke And Linus Idahosa Wed In Paris". Leadership (Abuja, Nigeria: Leadership Newspaper Group). 21 April 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Njoku, Ben (21 April 2012). "Genevieve, RMD, Others Storm Paris for Steph Okereke's Wedding Today". AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "AllAfrica.com: Why Stephanie Okereke ended her marriage". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "AMAA 2007: List of Nominees and Winners". African Movie Academy Awards. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "The 2010 African Movie Academy Awards: Winners, Re-Cap, Dresses". New York, NY, USA: MTV Networks a division of Viacom International Inc. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA