|Born||Samantha Sainte-Claire Steele
December 11, 1985
|Occupation||ESPN Sideline Reporter|
|Spouse(s)||Christian Ponder (m. 2012)|
|Children||Bowden Sainte-Claire Ponder|
Samantha Sainte-Claire Ponder (née Steele)1 (born December 11, 1985) is an American sportscaster from Phoenix, Arizona who is currently a reporter/host for ESPN college football and basketball sideline reporter.2 Ponder is best known as the replacement for Erin Andrews on College GameDay Saturdays at 10 AM ET on ESPN, as well as co-host of the Saturday 9 AM ET edition on ESPNU.3 In addition to her duties on College Gameday, Ponder has been the regular sideline reporter for ESPN's Thursday Night College Football with Rece Davis, Jesse Palmer, and David Pollack since August 2012, replacing Jenn Brown on the sidelines.4 Ponder also appears on the ESPN-owned Texas-oriented regional network Longhorn Network.
Born in Phoenix, Arizona, Ponder attended Central High School in Phoenix. Ponder first attended The King's College in New York City5 after high school. While in New York City, she applied for a hostess job at ESPN Zone where she met Ben Keeperman, a college football researcher and manager with ABC Sports Radio and that led to an internship at the network which in turn led to a researcher-assistant job with ABC-TV on the college football studio show.6 She transferred to Liberty University after Liberty's Sr. Sports Producer Bruce Carey offered her a job as sideline reporter for the Liberty Flames sports television network.7 After leaving Liberty in 2009, she worked for Fox Sports Net and Fox College Sports as a sideline reporter for Pac-10 and Big 12 college basketball and football games. On July 7, 2011, ESPN's Longhorn Network announced that it had hired Ponder as a sideline reporter.8 Ponder, along with Kevin Dunn and Lowell Galindo, were the newly created network's first three talent hires.7 After accepting her position with the Longhorn Network, Ponder relocated to Austin, Texas.7
After a brief courtship, she married Minnesota Vikings quarterback, Christian Ponder, on December 17, 2012, in Hudson, Wisconsin.9 She started appearing on ESPN/ABC broadcasts by her married name, starting with the January 1, 2013 broadcast of the CapitalOne Bowl.10 In 2014, the couple became parents of a daughter, Bowden Sainte-Claire, named after Bobby Bowden, Christian's coach at Florida State.11
- "Ponder marries ESPN sideline reporter in Hudson". KARE. December 19, 2012. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "Samantha Steele". ESPN MediaZone. July 7, 2011. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- McIntyre, Jason. "Samantha Steele to Replace Erin Andrews as Host of Gameday on ESPNU; Heather Cox New Saturday Night Sideline Reporter". thebiglead.com. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "ESPN drafts Pollack to replace James on Thursday games". USA Today. June 24, 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- "Samantha Steele: From Liberty Mountain to the pinnacle of sports broadcasting". Liberty University. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Samantha Steele took unlikely path to replacing Erin Andrews at ESPN". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Liberty Alum Steele Hired by Longhorn Network". Liberty University. July 8, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- "Talent with Texas ties joining Longhorn Network". Houston Chronicle. July 7, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- "Vikings' Ponder takes a hike, marries in Wisconsin". Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Introducing Samantha Ponder". Diamond Joe's Media Rantz. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Say Hello to Bowden Sainte-Claire Ponder". twincities.com. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA