- a "mambi" colonel, hero of the Cuban War of Independence2
- Cuban ambassador to the United States2
- Cuban delegate to UNESCO2
- signer of the 1940 Constitution of Cuba
- founder of the magazine La Reforma Social (1913-1926) and of El Heraldo de Cuba (1914-1926), a national newspaper3 which, six months after its founding would become the most widely circulated paper in Cuba with a circulation of 65,000.4
- Una mirada sobre tres siglos: Memorias, Orestes Ferrara y Marino - autobiography (in Spanish)
- Candidates for the Executive Board, Curriculum Vitae, Dr. Orestes Ferrara Marino", UNESCO
- Orestes Ferrara - memorial site
Ferrara spoke at rallies against spanish oppressors for the Cuban exiles in Florida. He often wore his revolutionary garb that he had used in Garibaldi years in Italy. He went on to lead an expedition to Cuba and fight as a geurrilla with some of his Tampa followers. He eventually rose to numerous positions in the Cuban Republic.
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA