Nokia Lumia 610
|Series||Nokia Lumia Series|
|Compatible networks||GSM, HSDPA, Wi-Fi|
|Availability by country||Q2 2012|
|Successor||Nokia Lumia 6203|
|Related||Nokia Lumia 710
Nokia Lumia 800
Nokia Lumia 900
|Dimensions||119 mm (4.7 in) H
62.2 mm (2.45 in) W
11.95 mm (0.470 in) D
|Weight||131.5 g (4.64 oz)|
|Operating system||Windows Phone 7.5 Mango4 (not able to be updated to Windows Phone 8)5|
|SoC||Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 MSM7227A|
|CPU||800 MHz ARM Cortex-A5|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 200|
|Memory||8 GB internal flash
256 MB ROM
256 MB RAM
|Battery||Rechargeable BP-3L 3.7V 1300mAh Li-ion battery (up to 530 hrs standby, 6.5 hrs talk time)|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor|
|Display||3.7 in. LCD capacitive touchscreen with Gorilla Glass
480x800 px at 252 ppi
|Rear camera||5 Megapixel 2592x1944 pixels, LED flash, autofocus|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 2.1, 802.11b/g/n, A-GPS, micro-USB, 3.5mm audio jack|
|Website||Nokia Lumia 610|
Nokia Lumia 610 is a Windows Phone smartphone announced at Mobile World Congress 2012.6 It is designed for young consumers that are buying their first smartphone.7 The Lumia 610 has a curvy, metallic design. Like the Lumia 710, it comes in cyan, magenta, black and white. The black and magenta version have a rubberized back instead of the glossy back as found in the white and cyan version of this phone.8
Because of the limited memory available on this phone, background tasks using over 90 MB of RAM will be disabled automatically and certain applications will not be able to run.9 Applications whose user experience is not up to par with Nokia and the application (like Skype, Angry Birds or Pro Evolution Soccer)10 expectation, will not be available from the marketplace.11
On December 5, 2012, the Nokia Lumia 620, the successor of the Nokia Lumia 610, was presented. The improvements are Windows Phone 8, dual-core 1 GHz Qualcomm S4 chipset, 512MB of RAM, a front-facing VGA camera, a slightly bigger 3.8 in display and support for up to 64GB microSD cards.3
The GSMArena team wrote: "The truth is the Nokia Lumia 610 is currently slightly overpriced. We did say that it's all about what you get and not what you miss in this class but, as things currently stand, its competitors will give you more without extra charge. It sounds like common sense that the only way for an affordable WP smartphone to succeed is to be cheaper than its droid peers."12
Jonathan Choo of FoneArena in his review wrote: "I feel that resources spent at making Windows Phone Tango a reality on 256MB RAM devices were wasted. I know I have used the word compromise a lot in this review, but that is what the Lumia 610 is. It’s a phone full of compromises. With Windows Phone Apollo nearing completion, I suspect this will be the first and only Tango device to be ever released by the Finnish brand, and for that alone, I just can’t possibly recommend this. If you are in the market for a budget Windows Phone device, get the Lumia 710 or HTC Radar, or check out one of the older first generation Windows Phone devices like the Omnia 7 and HTC 7 Trophy instead."13
- Reardon, Marguerite (February 27, 20127). "Nokia fills out Lumia portfolio, highlights exclusive services". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- Hashmi, Saad (March 12, 2012). "Compal plans to ship nearly 4 million Nokia Lumia 610s in Q2, take Mango to the mainstream". Windows Phone Daily. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Nokia Lumia 620 Windows Phone 8 mobile announced
- Molen, Brad (February 27, 2012). "Nokia Lumia 610 hands-on (video)". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Egwu, Izzi (June 20, 2012). "It's official: No WP8 for existing Lumia Phones, instead WP7.8 update". Nokia for Us. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- Smith, Mat (February 27, 2012). "Nokia unveils Lumia 610, arriving Q2". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "Nokia Lumia 610 Hands-On Video". YouTube (Nokia on YouTube). February 26, 2012. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Mies, Ginny (February 27, 2012). "First look: Nokia Lumia 808 PureView and Lumia 610". Good Gear Guide (IDG). PC World. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- Caron, Berkan (February 28, 2012). "Lumia 610: here are all the limitations of Windows Phone with 256MB of Ram". WebLobby. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Surur (May 26, 2012). "Not just Skype: Nokia Lumia 610 can also not install Tango, Angry Birds, PES, others". WMPoweruser. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Pradeep (May 22, 2012). "Nokia Pulls Skype For Windows Phone App From Lumia 610 Device". WMPoweruser. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- GSMArena editors (June 12, 2012). "Nokia Lumia 610 review: Basement window". GSMArena. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- Nokia Lumia 610 review - FoneArena
- Sakr, Sharif (June 13, 2012). "Nokia Lumia 610 review". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- Warren, Tom (June 1, 2012). "Nokia Lumia 610 review". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Nokia Lumia 610|
- Lumia 610 technical specifications (at developer.nokia.com)
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA