Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park
|Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park|
IUCN category V (protected landscape/seascape)
|Nearest city||Furubira, Iwanai, Kamoenai, Kutchan, Kyōwa, Niseko, Otaru, Rankoshi, Shakotan, Tomari, Yoichi|
|Area||190.09 square kilometres (73.39 sq mi) 1|
|Established||July 24, 19631|
Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park (ニセコ積丹小樽海岸国定公園 Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Kokutei Kōen ) is a quasi-national park in the Shiribeshi Subprefecture of Hokkaidō, Japan.1 On the coast of the Sea of Japan, there is a Marine Protected Area2 covering the west and north coast of Shakotan peninsula from Kamoenai to Otaru. The park also protects the area around the Mount Raiden and Niseko Volcanic Groups.34 Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park was established in 1963.5
According to the World Database on Protected Areas, this park protects the following species:3
- Prunus sargentii, a species of cherry tree
- Carcinactis ichikawai, a species of sea anemone
- Carcharodon carcharias, a species of shark
- Aptocyclus ventricosus, a species of lumpsucker
- Haliclyctus tenuis, species of true jellyfish
- Finella sp., a species of mollusk
- ニセコ積丹小樽海岸国定公園 (Japanese), Japan Integrated Biodiversity Information System. Ministry of the Environment of Japan.
- List of Quasi-National Parks, Ministry of the Environment Government of Japan , Last access 9 June 2009
- Wood, L. J. (2007). "Niseko - Shakotan - Otaru Kaigan". MPA Global: A database of the world's marine protected areas. Sea Around Us Project, UNEP-WCMC & WWF. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "The Niseko - Shakotan - Otaru Kaigan Quasi National Park". World Database on Protected Areas (WDPA) Annual Release 2009. The WDPA is a joint product of UNEP and IUCN, prepared by UNEP-WCMC, supported by IUCN WCPA and working with Governments, the Secretariats of MEAs and collaborating NGOs. February 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "ニセコ積丹小樽海岸国定公園" [Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park]. Dijitaru Daijisen (in Japanese). Tokyo: Shogakukan. 2012. OCLC 56431036. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "ニセコ積丹小樽海岸国定公園" [Niseko-Shakotan-Otaru Kaigan Quasi-National Park]. Nihon Kokugo Daijiten (in Japanese). Tokyo: Shogakukan. 2012. OCLC 56431036. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a national/quasi-national park or protected area in Japan, or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA