National Register of Historic Places listings in Maine
Information from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia—a reliable source for your research. Click to cite:
This is a list of properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Maine. There are approximately 1,500 listed sites in Maine. Each of the state's 16 counties has more than forty listings on the National Register.
- This National Park Service list is complete through NPS recent listings posted April 19, 2013.1
Current listings by county
The following are approximate tallies of current listings by county. These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 20082 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site.3 There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. New entries are added to the official Register on a weekly basis.4 Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which only modify the area covered by an existing property or district, although carrying a separate National Register reference number.
- ^ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 19, 2013.
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- ^ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service. Retrieved January 2, 2009.
- ^ Weekly List Actions, National Register of Historic Places website
- ^ The following sites are listed in multiple counties: Arnold Trail to Quebec (Franklin, Kennebec, Sagadahoc, and Somerset), Georges River Canal (Knox and Waldo), Porter-Parsonfield Bridge (Oxford and York), Shaker Village (Androscoggin and Cumberland), and Waldo-Hancock Bridge (Hancock and Waldo).
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union
St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA