Music of Delaware
|Music of the United States|
|Delaware Friends of Folk|
Delaware is a state in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. The Delaware Symphony Orchestra is the largest organization of professional performers in the state, and is more than seventy years old; the orchestra evolved out of the Wilmington Symphony Orchestra.1 The Delaware Music Festival is a prominent music festival.citation needed Other musical institutions include OperaDelaware, the Music School of Delaware, and the School of Contemporary Music.
- David Bromberg
- Gary Allegretto, blues harmonica musician 45
- Clifford Brown, jazz trumpetercitation needed
- Cab Calloway, jazz band leader, retired to Wilmington, and died in Hockessin, Delawarecitation needed
- Tom Verlaine and Richard Hell of the band Television attended school at St. Andrew's School. Verlaine would later briefly attend the University of Delaware.citation needed
- George Thorogood, blues/rock musician.citation needed
- Bob Marley lived in Delaware for a brief time, during which he was employed at the General Motors site in Newport.citation needed
- Boysetsfire, post-hardcore punk band,6
- The Spinto Bandcitation needed
- Omnisoulcitation needed
- The Caulfieldscitation needed
- Delaware Symphony
- Delaware State Song
- "Delaware Coast Press". Archived from the original on 2006-03-02.
|This Delaware related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA