Good in Hollywood, California, August 14, 2012
|Born||Meagan Monique Good
August 8, 1981
Panorama City, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, film producer|
|Spouse(s)||DeVon Franklin (m. 2012)|
Meagan Monique Good (born August 8, 1981) is an American film and television actress and occasional film producer. Beginning her career at the age of four, Good has appeared in numerous commercials, television shows, feature films, and music videos.
In 2011, Good featured in an ensemble cast of the highly successful film version of Think Like a Man. She played Joanna Locasto, the lead character on the NBC drama series Deception. She also starred in the 2013 comedy Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues alongside Will Ferrell.
Good was born August 8, 1981,1 in Panorama City, Los Angeles, California. Her mother, Tyra Wardlow-Doyle, worked as Good's manager into her teens, and her father, Leondis "Leon" Good, is an LAPD police officer.234 Her maternal grandmother is "Jewish and African, so I guess that would be considered Creole. My mother's father was Cherokee and something else. My dad's mother's Puerto Rican and black, and his father was from Barbados."25 Good was raised in Canyon Country (now known as Santa Clarita), California, with her three siblings. She began her acting career around the age of four.6 In the early stages of her career, Good worked as an extra on television shows such as Doogie Howser, M.D. and Amen.6 When she was 13, Good was cast in her first film, the 1995 hit Friday.2 Good first began to gain recognition for her performance as troubled teen Cisely Batiste in Kasi Lemmons' critically acclaimed 1997 film Eve's Bayou, which earned Good two award nominations, including her first NAACP Image Award nomination.
After taking on small film and television roles for the next few years, Good began to transition into more mature roles in the early 2000s. From 1999 to 2003, she appeared as Nina on Nickelodeon's hit show Cousin Skeeter. Good later took on small roles in the films 3 Strikes and House Party 4: Down to the Last Minute. In 2003, a major year for Good, she landed roles in the action-drama Biker Boyz and the romantic-comedy Deliver Us from Eva, which helped her transition from child to adult actress. Good also appeared as the character Vanessa for five episodes during the third season of My Wife and Kids, before being replaced by Brooklyn Sudano for unknown reasons.7 In 2004, Good starred alongside Jordana Brewster, Sara Foster, and Jill Ritchie in the action film D.E.B.S., and for her performance received a Best Actress nomination at the 2005 Black Movie Awards. She also had small roles in The Cookout, Lance "Un" Rivera's directorial debut, and the teen dance film You Got Served.
In 2005, Good co-starred in the horror film Venom, as well as the well-received indie noir Brick. She then played opposite rapper/actor Bow Wow in Malcolm D. Lee's Roll Bounce. In 2006, Good took on the role of Coco, which she felt was her first true lead actress role, in the urban action-drama Waist Deep.6 Good also voiced a character for the video game Scarface: The World Is Yours that same year.8 The following year, Good landed a role in the dance movie Stomp the Yard, starring with Ne-Yo and childhood friend Columbus Short.2 In 2008, Good appeared in the horror film One Missed Call and the Mike Myers comedy The Love Guru, and in the latter half of the year could be seen in Saw V. Good also starred in 2009's The Unborn with Gary Oldman and Odette Yustman.
She was part of the ensemble cast in 2012's Think Like a Man, a movie based on Steve Harvey's 2009 book Act like a Lady, Think like a Man. In 2013, Good starred in the sequel to Anchorman and in 2014 reprised her role for the Think Like a Man sequel. Good stated she "had a really good time" while filming the sequel after initially being nervous "because there's so much energy that only Vegas can give." Filming Think Like a Man Too was Good's first time in Las Vegas since a trip that occurred shortly before she got married.9
Good wore a plunging royal blue dress designed by Michael Costello to the June 30, 2013 BET Awards ceremony. The dress, which featured a plunging down to her midriff and a front slit rose to her midthigh,11 was described as "raunchy",12 and compared to the Green Versace dress of Jennifer Lopez, to the 42nd Grammy Awards in 2000.13 Fashion & Style editors selected Good as "worst dressed" at the ceremony.14
The dress caused a controversy on both traditional and social media because Good was presenting the BET Award for Best Gospel Artist. According to Christine Thomasos of The Christian Post, Good has a history of defending her stylistic choices of presenting herself as a "sexy Christian". She had stated earlier that year, "there is a classy way to do everything and there is nothing wrong with being sexy or having sex appeal and I think that I am definitely going to be someone who is boldly going to go out to the masses and be someone who say, 'Look! Women its okay'..."151416
Good responded to the controversy on Instagram by expressing sadness that judgment had been passed on her, her character and her husband over what she wore to the ceremony, but holding that she merely picked the dress that she took a liking to when she saw it, and dressed in order to be herself.1517
Although she was not raised in the church, Good is a Christian, considers herself a very spiritual person and has stated in numerous interviews that she would not play roles that she feels might "disappoint God".1819 She explained in an interview that Jesus tops her hero list and the last book she read was the Bible.20
In 2011, Good began dating DeVon Franklin, an executive for Columbia Pictures and Seventh-day Adventist preacher. They became engaged in early April 2012, and were married on June 16, 2012, at Triunfo Creek Winery in Malibu, California.21 They have stated that they remained chaste prior to their marriage.13
|1995||Make a Wish, Molly||Jenny|
|1997||Eve's Bayou||Cisely Batiste|
|1999||Secret Life of Girls, TheThe Secret Life of Girls||Kay|
|2000||3 Strikes||Buela Douglas|
|2001||House Party 4: Down to the Last Minute||Tina||Video|
|2003||Deliver Us from Eva||Jacqui Dandridge|
|2003||Ride or Die||Fake Venus||Video|
|2004||You Got Served||Beautiful|
|2004||Cookout, TheThe Cookout||Brittany|
|2005||Roll Bounce||Naomi Phillips|
|2006||Miles from Home||Natasha Freeman|
|2007||Stomp the Yard||April Palmer|
|2008||One Missed Call||Shelley Baum|
|2008||Love Guru, TheThe Love Guru||Prudence Roanoke|
|2008||Saw V||Luba Gibbs|
|2009||Unborn, TheThe Unborn||Romy|
|2011||35 and Ticking||Falinda|
|2011||Jumping the Broom||Blythe|
|2012||Dysfunctional Friends||Ms. Stevens|
|2012||Think Like a Man||Mya|
|2012||Defeat the Label||Short film|
|2012||Obama Effect, TheThe Obama Effect||Tamika Jones|
|2013||Don Jon||Hollywood Actress #2|
|2013||Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues||Linda Jackson|
|2014||Think Like a Man Too||Mya|
|1991||Gabriel's Fire||Young Girl||Episode: "Birds Gotta Fly"|
|1994||On Our Own||Traycee||Episode: "Swiss Family Jerricos"|
|1996||ABC Afterschool Special||Janie||Episode: "Me and My Hormones"|
|1997||Just One of the Girls||Starkeesha||TV film|
|1997||Pacific Blue||Shalona James||Episode: "Blood for Blood"|
|1997||Touched by an Angel||Nikki||Episode: "The Pact"|
|1997||Gregory Hines Show, TheThe Gregory Hines Show||Pauley||Episode: "Three's Not Company"|
|1997||Parent 'Hood, TheThe Parent 'Hood||Ariana||Episode: "No Soul on Ice"|
|1998||Parent 'Hood, TheThe Parent 'Hood||Ariana||Episode: "Flaked Out"|
|1998-2001||Cousin Skeeter||Nina Jones||Main role (52 episodes)|
|2000||Moesha||Nicole||Episode: "He Doth Protest Too Much"|
|2000||Steve Harvey Show, TheThe Steve Harvey Show||Alicia||Episode: "Don't Stand Too Close to Me"|
|2001||Division, TheThe Division||Kara Taylor||Episode: "The Parent Trap"|
|2001||Famous Jett Jackson, TheThe Famous Jett Jackson||Tara Essex||Episodes: "Awakenings 1 & 2"|
|2001-2002||Raising Dad||Katie||Recurring role (7 episodes)|
|2002||Jersey, TheThe Jersey||Tamika||Episode: "The Playbook"|
|2003||My Wife and Kids||Vanessa Scott||Recurring role (5 episodes)|
|2005||Kevin Hill||Melanie West||Recurring role (4 episodes)|
|2006||Scarface: The World Is Yours||Femme Fatale (voice)||Video game|
|2007||House||Amy||Episode: "Words and Deeds"|
|2007||All of Us||Katie||Episodes: "Sins of the Father", "She Blinded Me with Science"|
|2009||Cold Case||Beatrice Sloan (1970)||Episode: "Soul"|
|2011||Game, TheThe Game||Parker Keith||Episodes: "It Was All Good Just a Week Ago", "Never Surrender"|
|2012||Californication||Kali||Recurring role (7 episodes)|
|2012||Harry's Law||Cecilia||Episode: "And the Band Played On"|
|2013||Deception||Joanna Locasto||Main role (11 episodes)|
|1998||NAACP Image Awards||Nominated||Outstanding Youth Actor/Actress||Eve's Bayou|
|2008||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture||Stomp the Yard|
|1998||YoungStar Awards||Nominated||Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama Film||Eve's Bayou|
|2005||Black Movie Awards||Nominated||Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role||D.E.B.S.|
|2006||Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role||Waist Deep|
|2006||Teen Choice Awards||Nominated||Choice Breakout (Female)||Waist Deep|
|2007||Choice Movie Actress: Drama||Stomp the Yard|
|2006||Black Reel Awards||Nominated||Best Ensemble||Roll Bounce (Shared with cast)|
|2007||MTV Movie Awards||Nominated||Best Kiss||Stomp the Yard (Shared with Columbus Short)|
|2012||Teen Choice Awards||Nominated||Choice Movie Actress Romance||Think Like a Man|
- "Meagan Good Biography (1981–)". FilmReference.com. Retrieved March 28, 2008.
- "DallasBlack.com: Interview: Meagan Good". DallasBlack.com. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- Megan Good is an actress. Google books.
- "Good & plenty: young starlets are infamous for hookup highjinks, temper tantrums and lapses from sobriety. Meagan Good, true to her name, does none of the above. She is, however, having a scream onscreen. With two hot horror flicks in the can, the actress and producer bleeds, leads and proves she's way more than just sweet slasher fodder". Free library. October 1, 2008. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- Kam Williams (January 20, 2009). "Meagan Good: The Unborn Interview". KamWilliams.com. Retrieved June 30, 2009.
- "Meagan Good Interview – Interview – Stumped?". Stumped? Magazine. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- "The Other Darrin – Television Tropes & Idioms". TVTropes.org. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- "GameShark > PC > News > The Girls of Scarface". GameShark.com. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- "Think Like a Man Too's Meagan Good reveals details on filming in Las Vegas.". vegasplayermagazine.com. March 2014.
- "Meagan Good Rolling Out Magazine Photos". MWZA.com. Retrieved March 11, 2009.
- Wilson, Julee (2013-07-02). "Meagan Good Cleavage-Baring, Low-Cut Gown Stuns At The 2013 BET Awards (PHOTOS)". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- Levy, Rachel (2013-07-01). "Taking the plunge! Deception star Meagan Good goes braless in extremely low-cut gown as she attends the BET Awards". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- Amethyst Tate (2013-07-01). "Megan Good Dress: Actress Pulls A Jennifer Lopez In Plunging Blue Gown At 2013 BET Awards [PHOTO]". International Business Times. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- Durham, Jessica (2013-07-01). "Meagan Good BET Awards 2013: [PHOTOS] Twitter Explodes With Hot, Plunging, Cleavage-Baring Style, 'Deception' Star Turns Heads, Celebrates Wedding Anniversary on Instagram". Fashion & Style. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- Thomasos, Christine (2013-07-02). "Meagan Good Responds to Critics of Revealing BET Awards Dress". The Christian Post. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
- Braxton, Greg (2013-07-01). "Meagan Good presents BET gospel award in a dress cut to her navel". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
- "Meagan Good Responds To Christian Backlash To Revealing BET Awards Dress". News One. 2013-07-03. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
- Dowdell, Niki (May 2005). "Meagan Good: Grounded, Funny and Straight Up Cool". Sister 2 Sister. p. 19.
- Neumer, Chris. "Meagan Good Interview". Stumped? Magazine. Retrieved January 28, 2012. "I'm a Christian, but not a religious Christian. I'm just very spiritual. I have my belief system and anything I feel would be disappointing to God I don't do. But, it has to be my personal feeling not someone else's or my pastor's or my mom's. If I feel that it's going to be disappointing to him, I won't do it."
- Interview: Meagan Good. DallasBlack.com (2012-02-07). Retrieved on 2012-07-03.
- Herndon, Jessica (2012-06-17). "Meagan Good Weds In Malibu". People. Retrieved 2013-07-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Meagan Good.|
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA