Maryino (Russian: район Марьино) is a district of South-Eastern Administrative Okrug of the federal city of Moscow, Russia. Population: 247,479 (2010 Census);1 206,388 (2002 Census).2 It is the most populated district of Moscow.1
In the early 12th–13th centuries, the area of the modern district was where the village of Maryino stood near Chaginskoye Marshes. The district's name dates back to that village, which itself was called after Mariya Yaroslavna, mother of Tsar Ivan III, who founded the village.
In 1898, Lyublino Aeration Fields were built in this area. The fields occupied the territory of over one thousand hectares. In 1911, Moscow canalization system won a Golden Prize in Brussels. After the Kuryanovo Aeration System had been built in 1978, it was decided to use the territory of the former Lyublino Fields for construction of new apartment buildings. As Moscow grew in later years, the territory was incorporated as Maryino District of Moscow.
In 1996, two metro stations were opened in the district.
- "Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года. Том 1" [2010 All-Russian Population Census, vol. 1]. Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года (2010 All-Russia Population Census) (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service. 2011. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "Численность населения России, субъектов Российской Федерации в составе федеральных округов, районов, городских поселений, сельских населённых пунктов – районных центров и сельских населённых пунктов с населением 3 тысячи и более человек" [Population of Russia, its federal districts, federal subjects, districts, urban localities, rural localities—administrative centers, and rural localities with population of over 3,000]. Всероссийская перепись населения 2002 года (All-Russia Population Census of 2002) (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service. May 21, 2004. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- Official website of Maryino District (Russian)
- Official website of the local self-government of Maryino District (Russian)
- Nashe Maryino (Our Maryino), unofficial website (Russian)
- Maryino District news (Russian)
- Birds of Maryino District (Russian)
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA