||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (May 2010)|
Jørn Lande at Brewhouse in Gothenburg, Sweden 2010
|Also known as||Jorn|
May 31, 1968 |
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal, blues rock, progressive rock, progressive metal, symphonic metal, power metal|
|Labels||Frontiers, AFM, Candlelight|
|Associated acts||Masterplan, Ark,
Heaven & Hell, Vagabond,
The Snakes, Millenium,
Beyond Twilight, Ayreon, Brazen Abbot, Ken Hensley,
Jørn Lande (born May 31, 1968), is a Norwegian hard rock and heavy metal singer who has sold over 2 million records worldwide. He is known for being the former vocalist of bands Masterplan, Ark, Beyond Twilight, Millenium, Vagabond, and The Snakes, as well as for his successful solo career as Jorn.
Jørn Lande has performed with various bands before achieving a solid career.
The first band with whom he achieved a minor success was Vagabond, which also featured Ronni Le Tekrø, Morty Black and other former members of the Norwegian hard rock band TNT. The self titled album, released in 1994, sold 10,000 copies in Norway, but the copies were dropped by label EMI. At this time, Jørn did the lead vocals for the Norwegian national football team's song for the 1994 World Cup, "Alt for Norge" (All for Norway).1 The second Vagabond album, A Huge fan of Life, was released in Europe on the band's own record label. The end of Vagabond came with the reformation of TNT in 1996, and subsequently the band members went their separate ways, with Jørn joining a band formed in by Whitesnake former guitarists Bernie Marsden and Micky Moody called The Snakes. After a tour with The Snakes playing mostly Whitesnake covers and the recording of an album released only in Japan called Once Bitten, Jørn was fired from the band and joined other projects, including the Symphonic Metal band Mundanus Imperium, which resulted on the album The Spectral Spheres Coronation.
Later on, Jørn got together with guitarist Tore Østby (ex-Conception) and drummer John Macaluso to form the progressive metal band Ark and record their first self titled album in 1999. Right after in 2000, he also made part of the American hard rock band Millenium, leaded by guitarist Ralph Santolla, and recorded the vocals for their album Hourglass. The same year, John Macaluso from Ark, who was also playing with Yngwie Malmsteen's band, made contact with the guitarist to include Jørn on a mini tour in Europe, as they needed a vocalist for the band. The collaboration between Lande and Malmsteen didn't endure and Jørn left the band in the middle of the tour. Also in the same year, Jørn recorded his first solo album called Starfire, which featured mostly cover songs and several band members from his past and current bands as the musicians of the album.
The second Ark album Burn The Sun was released in 2001 and is one of the most acclaimed works featuring Jørn. Also in 2001, he teamed up with keyboardist Finn Zierler and formed the project Beyond Twilight which led to the album The Devil's Hall of Fame, another acclaimed work by the public and media. Still in the same year, Jørn released his second solo album Worldchanger.
In 2002 Jørn finally joined the global metal scene fronting the melodic power metal band Masterplan, formed in with Roland Grapow and Uli Kusch after both were fired from Helloween. Jørn released two successful albums with Masterplan, playing at big festivals and tours around the world from 2003 to 2006 until he left the band on May 11, 2006, because of creative differences. Jørn wanted to take the band towards a more melodic style, while the other members were leaning towards a heavier sound.2 From this time on, Jørn concentrated more on his solo band and released such albums as Out to Every Nation (2004) and The Duke (2006).
In 2005, Jørn teamed up with Symphony X vocalist Russell Allen in a singer-duet collaboration on the album The Battle, and their following album, The Revenge, released May 11, 2007.3 The project is commonly called Allen-Lande and was put together by the president of Frontiers Records, with songwriting duties and most of the instrumentation done by Swedish guitarist Magnus Karlsson.
Jorn's first live album, Live in America, was released September 21, 2007, containing 2 discs with tracks taken from his performance on September 16, 2006, at the rock festival ProgPower VII in Atlanta, Georgia.4
In 2008, Jørn Lande lent his voice to the rock opera bands Ayreon on the album 01011001 and Avantasia on the album The Scarecrow, both released in January 2008. He was also one of the main guests in the first Avantasia's world tour. Later, he was featured on over 10 songs on Avantasia's two subsequent albums, The Wicked Symphony and Angel of Babylon and once again took part in the world tour in December 2010.
In late May, a Jorn music video honoring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio, who had died of stomach cancer just five days before, was posted on YouTube. Soon after it was announced that Jørn would release a Dio tribute album in July.6 Later on, it was announced that Jørn was included in the line up of Heaven & Hell, when the remaining members played the one off tribute to Ronnie James Dio at the 2010 High Voltage festival. He was one of the vocalists together with Glenn Hughes.
The third Allen/Lande album titled The Showdown has been announced for release in September 2010.7 To promote the album, Frontiers Records released a videoclip of the song Judgement Day8 featuring Jørn singing, via YouTube.
In 2011, Jorn released the second live album with footage from the concert of the 2010 Sweden Rock Festival, the album was called Live in Black.9 Also in 2011, he was a guest on female singer Amanda Somerville's first metal project Trillium singing on the vocal duet track 'Scream It'.
A new Jorn album10 called Bring Heavy Rock To The Land was released on June 1, 2012 in Europe and June 5, 2012 in North America via Frontiers Records. It has a single for the title track released in May 14, 2012.11
Jorn's first release for 2013 is called Symphonic, a compilation of previous recordings with classical music arrangement.13
|2004||Out to Every Nation||AFM/The End||Studio|
|2007||The Gathering||Frontiers||Greatest Hits|
|2007||Unlocking the Past||Avalon/Frontiers||Cover|
|2007||Live in America||Frontiers||Live|
|2008||Lonely Are the Brave||Frontiers||Studio|
|2009||Live in America on DVD||Frontiers||Live|
|2011||Live in Black||Frontiers||Live|
|2012||Bring Heavy Rock to the Land||Frontiers||Studio|
- Vagabond (1994)
- A Huge Fan of Life (1995)
- The Spectral Spheres Coronation (1998)
- Once Bitten (1998)
- Live in Europe (1998)
- Ark (1999)
- Burn the Sun (2001)
- Hourglass (2000)
- The Best Of... And More (2004)
- The Devil's Hall of Fame (2001)
- Enlighten Me (single) (2002)
- Masterplan (2003)
- Back For My Life (EP) (2004)
- Aeronautics (2005)
- Far From the End of the World (EP) (2010)
- Time to Be King (2010)
- Embee Normann
- Wonderland (1993)
- Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradamus (2001)
- Guilty As Sin (2003)
- Diesel Dahl & Friends
- Happy Birthday Harley Davidson: Tribute To A Legend (2003)
- Fire in the Sky (single) (2005)
- Blood On The Highway (2007)
- Episode 3: The Final Surprise (2007) as Apikor
- Lost in Space Part I (2007)
- Lost in Space Part II (2007)
- The Scarecrow (2008)
- The Wicked Symphony (2010)
- Angel Of Babylon (2010)
- The Flying Opera (live album) (2011)
- 01011001 (2008)
- The World As We Love It (2011)
- Alloy (2011)
- Jimmy Iversen - Guitars (Spirit Black, Bring Heavy Rock To The Land, Traveller)
- Trond Holter - Guitars (Traveller)
- Bernt Jansen - Bass (Traveller)
- Willy Bendiksen - Drums (since The Duke, also a guest on Starfire)
- Tore Moren - Guitars (Worldchanger, The Duke, Unlocking the Past, The Gathering, Live in America, Lonely Are The Brave, Spirit Black, Dio, Live in Black, Bring Heavy Rock To The Land, guest on Starfire)
- Jørn Viggo Lofstad - Guitars (Out to Every Nation, The Duke, Unlocking the Past, The Gathering, Live in America, Lonely Are The Brave)
- Tor Erik Myhre - Guitars (Dio, Live in Black)
- Igor Gianola - Guitars (Live, additional guitars on Spirit Black and Dio)
- Tore Østby - Guitars (guest on Starfire, Unlocking the Past)
- Ralph Santolla - Guitars (guest on Starfire, Unlocking the Past)
- Ronni Le Tekrø - Guitars (guest on Starfire, Unlocking the Past)
- Jon Berg - Guitars (additional Guitars on Spirit Black)
- Nic Angileri - Bass (Dio, Live in Black, Bring Heavy Rock To The Land, additional bass on Spirit Black)
- Sid Ringsby - Bass (Worldchanger, Lonely Are The Brave, Spirit Black)
- Magnus Rosén - Bass (Out to Every Nation)
- Morty Black - Bass (The Duke, The Gathering, Unlocking the Past)
- Steinar Krokmo - Bass (Live in America, guest on Unlocking the Past)
- Espen Mjöen - Bass (additional Bass on Lonely Are The Brave and Spirit Black)
- Jon A . Narum - Drums, samples, bass, guitars, melotrone (guest on Starfire)
- John Macaluso - Drums (Starfire)
- Jan Axel von Blomberg - Drums (Worldchanger)
- Stian Kristoffersen - Drums (Out to Every Nation, guest on Live in America)
- Dag Stokke - Keyboards (Starfire)
- Ronny Tegner - Keyboards (Out to Every Nation)
- "MIC - Ballade artikkel" (in (Norwegian)). Ballade.no. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- "Jørn Departs from Masterplan". Metalunderground.com. 2011-08-15. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- "Allen/Lande". Metalperspective.com. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- "Jørn Live in America". Hardrockhideout.com. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- "Jørn returns to Masterplan". Metalstorm.net. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- JORN Records Dio Tribute Albumdead link
- "New Allen/Lande Album". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- Allen/Lande promo trailerdead link
- "Jørn's official site". Jornlande.com. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- "Interview with Jorn Lande by Italian Holy Metal". Holymetal.com. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- "JORN to release "Bring Heavy Rock To The Land" on Frontiers in June - Frontiers Records website". Frontiers.it. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- "Masterplan: announce new line-up! - AFM Records website". AFM. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "JORN To Release 'Symphonic' In January - Blabbermouth". Blabbermouth. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "JORN To Release 'Traveller' Album In June - Blabbermouth". Blabbermouth. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Jørn Lande|
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA