Estrada Courts was constructed in 1942-1943, during the World War II housing shortage in Southern California, which resulted from the war-time boom in war-industry work, followed by the return of servicemen to the region and the Bracero program.
The murals include:
- Mural of children, Charles Felix
- Two Flags by Sonny Ramirez, 1973. location 1364-6 Grande Vista Ave at Olympic.
- In Memory of a Home Boy by Daniel Martinez 1973. location 3328 Hunter St. 
- Dreams of Flight by David Botello 1973-78, repainted in 1996, location 3441 Olympic Boulevard
- The Sun Bathers by Gil Hernandez, 1973. located at 3287 Olympic Boulevard
- The Artist by Daniel Haro 1973. 
- Moratorium - The Black and White Mural by Willie Herron and Gronk 1973. 
- We Are Not a Minority, El Congreso de Artistas Cosmicos de las Americas de San Diego (Mario Torero, Rocky, El Lion, Zade), 1978 (repainted in 1996). This mural can be seen in the video for "Where Is the Love?" by The Black Eyed Peas.  It's also in the music video for "To Live & Die in LA" by 2pac Shakur
The murals Dreams of Flight, Untitled by Daniel Haro, 1983 and Untitled, by Steve Delgado, 1973 are featured prominently in an episode of the television show Robbery Homicide Division-City of Strivers from November 8, 2002.citation needed
Residents are assigned to the following schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District:
- The Murals of Estrada Courts Los Angeles Murals Website
- Easterling, Stewart An Art Museum on the Streets of L.A. Socialist Worker Online (September 14, 2001)
- Getty Museum Priorities in Conserving Community Murals .pdf
- East L.A. Public Housing Tour .pdf
- Pomona College Experience the Mural of East Los Angeles
- Japanese National Museum Boyle Heights Project
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA