Daewoo Motor Sales
Daewoo Motor Sales (Hangul: 대우자동차판매) is an auto sales company headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. It was established in 1991. Daewoo Motor Sales operates dealerships in South Korea which sell vehicles from SsangYong, Daewoo Bus, and Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle. In the past, Daewoo Motor Sales has sold vehicles from GM Daewoo, Cadillac, and Saab. Its subsidiaries operate dealerships that sell passenger vehicles from Volkswagen, Audi, and Chrysler. It is the largest motor sales company in Korea.
Daewoo Motor Sales is a partner in MMSK Corporation, a joint venture involved in the import and distribution of vehicles from Mitsubishi Motors. 85% of the venture is owned by Daewoo Motor Sales, with the remaining 15% owned by Mitsubishi Corp and Mitsubishi Corp (Korea) Ltd. Retail sales in South Korea of Mitsubishi cars imported from Japan and the U.S. commenced in the second half of 2008. MMSK Corporation stopped importing U.S.-sourced Eclipse coupes a few years later.
Daewoo Motor Sales also operates Seoul Auto Auction, South Korea's largest auto auction. It also operates a network of pre-owned car dealerships.
In 1996, Daewoo Motor Sales Construction established the brand name Iaan. The actress Kim Hee-sun is featured in Korean Iaan commercials.
In 2008, Daewoo Motor Sales was chosen to fund the joint venture company for Paramount Movie Park Korea which will open in 2011, while Paramount will act as its licensor and manage creative development.
In 2010, Daewoo Motor Sales was dropped by General Motors. The long-time dealership partner then signed a deal with the SsangYong Motor Company to supply new vehicles to sell (specifically the Rodius, Chairman W and Chairman H), in return for the injection of 20 billion won ($17.6 million) into the car maker still recovering from bankruptcy. The deal is non-exclusive, meaning SsangYong will also sell vehicles through private dealers.1
- Daewoo Motor Sales Homepage
- MetroMotors, a Volkswagen retailer that is a subsidiary of DMS
- Daewoo Motor Sales Construction Division Homepage
|This retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South Korean company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA