|Born||Andreana Kostantina Tantaros1
December 30, 1978
Allentown, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||Parkland High School
University of Paris (The Sorbonne)
|Television||The Five (Fox News Channel)|
Andreana Kostantina Tantaros (born December 30, 1978) is an American conservative political analyst and commentator who currently rotates as a co-host on The Five on Fox News Channel at 5 pm EST.2 Tantaros also appears regularly on the Fox Business Channel and writes a weekly column for the New York Daily News and Newsmax.34
Tantaros was born in Allentown in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania on 30 December 1978 to an immigrant Greek family. As a teenager, she worked as a waitress in her family's restaurant, the "Pied Piper Diner", near Trexlertown.56
She graduated from Parkland High School7 in 1997. In 2001, Tantaros graduated from Lehigh University, where she majored in journalism and French and wrote political commentary for Lehigh's college newspaper.8citation needed Tantaros pursued post-undergraduate studies at the Sorbonne.3 Tantaros lives in New York City.4
Tantaros lived in the Washington, D.C. area from 2003 to 2005. She worked on Capitol Hill, where she served as Press Secretary to the Republican leadership in the U.S. House of Representatives. She has worked on political campaigns for former Governor of Massachusetts Bill Weld, District Attorney Jeanine Pirro and Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Thomas Reynolds. During her time with the House leadership, Tantaros was responsible for helping craft and execute the media strategy for the Republican majority. Tantaros also worked at CNN's Crossfire, for former Reagan pollster Richard Wirthlin, and as Deputy Press Secretary to then Congressman (now Senator) Pat Toomey.9
Having moved to New York City in 2005, Tantaros is currently a vice president at the Manhattan public affairs firm Sloane and Company.3 Prior to this position, she started Andrea Tantaros Media, which provided crisis management and media strategy consulting to Fortune 500 companies and political campaigns.10
Tantaros joined Fox News Channel in April 2010 as a political contributor.10 She has appeared on Fox, CNN, CNBC, and MSNBC.3 She appeared on the Fox channel during the morning time period where she debated Bob Beckel and Juan Williams in the political segments. She continues to co-host on The Five on Fox News.11 She is represented by the William Morris agency.12
It was announced on December 19, 2012, that Andrea Tantaros would co-host a national radio talk show with conservative author Jason Mattera on Talk Radio Network starting on January 2, 2013, in the time slot previously held by Laura Ingraham. The show would air Monday to Friday and would be called The Andrea Tantaros Show with Jason Mattera. At the end of the August 12, 2012, episode of The Five during the "One More Thing" segment, Beckel announced Tantaros would no longer appear during the morning time period on Fox News because of her new radio show. Tantaros continued her association with the Fox news program The Five. On October 10, Tantaros discontinued her radio program, The Andrea Tantaros Show, and filed suit against the show's provider, Talk Radio Network, for breach of contract.13 She intends to return to Fox News full-time.
On the August 20, 2014 edition of Outnumbered, Tantaros said in response to ISIL's beheading of James Foley that "you solve it with a bullet to the head".14 In response, the Asian American Journalists Association called the comment "alarming", "inflammatory" and "Islamophobi[c]" and demanded an apology.15 Tantaros declared that she has "no intention of apologizing".16
- Outnumbered, May 14, 2014 http://video.foxnews.com/v/3566331772001/outnumbered-panel-discuss-their-monikers
- http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/the-five/index.html The Five - Fox News Channel
- Newsmax - Newsmax.com - Blogs
- Conservative Women's Network
- ""The Five", broadcast 14 October 2011". Fox News. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Pied Piper Diner postcard". CardCow Vintage Postcards. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Politics as Usual". The Morning Call. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Andrea Tantaros '01
- "Andrea Tantaros". Fox News. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- The Five - FoxNews.com
- Former Press Secretary And Political Commentator Andrea Tantaros Signs With William Morris Talent Agency - Nypost.Com
- Marcucci, C. (2013-10-10). "Andrea Tantaros sues TRN".
- Rothkopf, Joanna (Aug 20, 2014). "Fox News host’s shocking Islamophobic rant: "You solve it with a bullet to the head"". Salon. Retrieved Sep 28, 2014.
- Taibi, Catherine (Aug 28, 2014). "Asian American Journalism Organization Calls On Fox News To Apologize For 'Islamophobia'". Huffington Post. Retrieved Sep 28, 2014.
- Ronen, Gil (Aug 31, 2014). "Fox Host Won't Apologize for 'Bullet to the Head' Remark". Arutz Sheva. Retrieved Sep 28, 2014.
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA