|Born||Ayilya Gopalakrishnan Nair
29 March 1987 1
Ayilya Nair (born 29 March 1987), better known by her stage name Ananya, is an Indian film actress, who appears in Malayalam and Tamil films. She made her acting debut in Malayalam with Positive (2008) and debuted the following year in Tamil with Naadodigal, which emerged a critical and commercial success. She has a list of films in Malayalam and Tamil. She become much popular in Tamil Cinema,after her most successful Tamil film, Engaeyum Eppothum,for which she received Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Tamil.
Ananya was born as Ayilya to Malayali parents Gopalakrishnan Nair, a noted film producer, and Praseetha in kothamangalam, Kerala.2 She has one brother Arjun, who is an engineering student. She appeared as a child artist in one of her father's productions (executive producer), Pai Brothers (1995).3 Ananya pursued a B.A. degree in Communicative English at St. Xavier's College, Aluva.23 During her childhood, she was an archer and won the State Championship.4 While representing her college in a television reality show "Star Wars",2 she was spotted by various directors and received acting offers. After declining five projects, she decided to give it a try, accepting to act in Positive.3
Her screenname changed to Ananya, when she was working in her debut Tamil film Naadodigal.4 The film was a high commercial success,5 and Ananya rose to fame, with her performance in the film being appreciated.6 She went on to reprise the same role in its Malayalam remake Ithu Nammude Katha. The film Shikkar alongside Mohanlal, gave her a big break in Malayalam. She did some thrilling scenes in the climax of the movie Shikkar that impressed Mohanlal, which made him call her the "Vijayashanti" of Malayalam.7 She also played a supporting role in Kandahar, which saw her sharing screen space with Mohanlal and Amitabh Bachchan.8 In 2011, Ananya played one of the female lead roles in Engeyum Eppodhum, which received rave reviews and became a super hit.910
Ananya got engaged to Anjaneyan, a businessman from Trichur on 3 February 2012. However 2 weeks later news came that she has called of her engagement after knowing that Anjaneyan had a previous marriage from which he had sought divorce.11 This news hasn't been confirmed by the actress nor by her family. Then in July the actress went and married Anjaneyan in a highly secretive event in Tirupati.12 They have since been giving T.V interviews together as a couple.
|1995||Pai Brothers||Malayalam||Child artist|
|2008||Positive||Jyothi||Malayalam||Credited as Ayilya|
|2009||Naadodigal||Nallammaal||Tamil||Winner, Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress|
|Oru Small Family||Ammu Vishwanathan||Malayalam|
|2011||Ithu Nammude Katha||Kalyani||Malayalam|
|Seniors||Jenny||Malayalam||Asianet Film Award For Best Supporting Actress|
|Doctor Love||Gowri||Malayalam||Asianet Film Award For Best Supporting Actress|
|Engaeyum Eppothum||Amudha||Tamil||Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Tamil
Nominated, Vijay Award for Best Supporting Actress
|Achan Balan Makan Bheeman||Malayalam||Filming|
|Sadharanakkaran 15||Malayalam||Pre Production|
- "Actress Ananya profile and biography". Spiderkerala.net. 2011-08-09. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- "MediaMatiqx". MediaMatiqx. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- Shilpa Nair Anand (2011-09-16). "Life & Style / Metroplus : Arching towards success". The Hindu. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- September 3, 2011 By Keerthy Ramachandran DC Kochi (2011-09-03). "Name to fame". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- "Nadodigal actress Ananya not the leading lady". desifox.com. Retrieved 2010-05-26.
- "Ananya". mollywoodactress.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2010-03-19.
- "Ananya Films". zimbio.com. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- "Ananya Profile". zimbio.com. Retrieved 2010-06-21.
- "Engaeyum Eppothum is aiming for a century". The Times Of India. 2011-11-06. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "'Didn't think people would love Amudha so much'". Rediff.com. 2011-10-21. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "Malayalam actor Ananya calls off engagement". India Today. 2012-02-15. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "Ananya gets married to Anjaneyan". Times of India. 2012-07-06.
- "Raktharakshas 3D Malayalam Movie Preview". Theater Balcony (theaterbalcony.wordpress.com). 2012-04-02. Retrieved 2012-04-04.
- "Ananya on a signing spree". The Times Of India (The Times Of India). 2010-12-24. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- Zachariah, Ammu. "'Chappa Kurishu' turns 'Pulival' in Kollywood". Times of India. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
Content from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
What Is This Site? The Ultimate Study Guide is a mirror of English Wikipedia. It exists in order to provide Wikipedia content to those who are unable to access the main Wikipedia site due to draconian government, employer, or school restrictions. The site displays all the text content from Wikipedia. Our sponsors generously cover part of the cost of hosting this site, and their ads are shown as part of this agreement. We regret that we are unable to display certain controversial images on some pages the site at the request of the sponsors. If you need to see images which we are unable to show, we encourage you to view Wikipedia directly if possible, and apologize for this inconvenience.
A product of XPR Content Systems. 47 Union St #9K, Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2C9 CANADA